Thursday, September 11, 2014

Labor {Day} of Love

This past Labor Day was the least employed one I've celebrated in awhile--cue "Labor-less Day" joke-- and I'm not totally sure how to feel about it. Just to catch you up to speed, I left my part-time job (a contract position) as a Social Media Marketer about 5-6 weeks ago to pursue something that was a better fit for me. I still have my 15-hr per week nannying job, so I am not totally unemployed, but I'm not really employed employed either!

I really want to give modeling a go, and have decided to be less embarrassed about admitting that out loud, or in this case online. I haven't had any luck with the fashion agencies yet, but have absolutely loved the promo modeling jobs I've done so far! I am also on a really intense new diet and workout regimen, so hopefully that'll get my body to the point where I can land a fashion agency as well. :)

It's kind of strange not to be doing anything that really uses my degree, but honestly it also feels like the right thing right now. I just can't go back to an office until I explore modeling, my "dream deferred" of years and years. (In the meanwhile, I can just use my degree to make Langston Hughes references, right?!) I'm going to be laboring from now until retirement, so I might as well make that labor one I love.

So that's where I am in life right now! Wish me luck... In the meanwhile, here is a little recap of Stephen's and my Labor Day. We had a delicious lunch at Crepevine (this was pre-diet haha) and then brought a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc and a blanket to the lovely but crowded Dolores Park!










Shirt: Thrifted
Shorts: Forever 21 (similar, similar)
Hat: Cool Asian dollar store I stumbled upon downtown!
Sunglasses: GoJane (in yellow)
Watch: Citizen




2 comments:

  1. Nice pics! Yummy food and your outfit is great!

    xo Vitri

    http://vanillalash.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two are such a gorgeous couple! I love what you're wearing...especially your hat :)

    And thank you for your comment on my blog. I really like yours...how do I follow you? I couldn't find your GFC widget. Anyway...let me know because I love your style. Meanwhile I'll follow you on Pinterest and Facebook.

    xo Azu

    www.raven-locks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete